We assist our clients with policies, planning, financing, design, and implementation of infrastructure, industrial and mining infrastructure projects as well as commercial and urban development projects that enhance growth, prosperity and improved quality of life.
A project is successful only if it achieves its original goals and continues to do so throughout its lifetime. Which is why we create professional and multi-skilled teams to meet the specific demands of each and every project. Thereafter providing follow-up services for all projects, evaluating their outcome and ensuring that maintenance and management systems are in place.
In order to increase the chances of project success, V3’s process assets include for the workshop of Lessons Learned on similar projects, during the inception stage of new appointments. V3’s robust evaluative Stage Gate Review process and governance procedures ensure that all essential approvals and deliverables are met, prior to granting the Project Manager approval to continue to the next project stage.
Through technological excellence, and a strong social and environmental awareness, we provide cost-effective and timely engineering and development solutions. Collaboration and flexibility, results-driven teamwork and pro-activeness with time-conscientiousness are some of the attributes entrenched in the V3 culture. Of importance, is one of V3’s strategic pillars of ethical behaviour.
Specific services are offered through the four divisions including:
Built Environment Infrastructure Services
We offer a comprehensive package of urban and rural civil services for existing and new residential, commercial, industrial and mining developments, both large and small, including:
- New and upgraded public and private infrastructure such as access routes, local streets, storm water systems and drainage canals
- Water supply and sanitation – undertaking water supply and network investigations, expanding and upgrading water reticulation systems, and installing pumps and water connections
- Sewage reticulation and purification – analysing existing and new reticulation networks as well as upgrading and expanding systems including installation of pumps as required
The specific services offered includes:
- Preliminary studies and reports including feasibility studies and business plans
- Assistance in accessing funds and fund applications
- Preliminary design and cost estimates followed by reporting and recommendations
- Detail design including road alignment, geometric design, pavement design, storm water design, water reticulation and storage facilities, and sewerage networks
- Documentation including drawings, specifications, quantity schedules and contract documents
- Construction management and site supervision including quality management and control
The realm of Management Services, within the Built Environment context, includes an organisation’s entire cycle of operations via rendering of professional consulting services relating to Portfolio, Programme, Project and Facilities Management [Operations]. V3’s national footprint is strategically arranged to operate and align to the operations of Project Management Offices and Strategic Programme & Portfolio Management Units.
Based on emerging trends, and the evolving and dynamic nature of Project Management in today’s demanding environment, proven traditional practices and processes are tailored and aligned to the Client’s organisational assets. This approach, apart from encouraging effective stakeholder management, increases the probability of fully satisfying the Client’s needs and expectations. This represents V3’s commitment to rendering a value-add service that differentiates to a unique experience.
The success of a project is not only measured according to the four pillars of cost, quality, scope and time, but rather by achieving the objectives of the Client’s Business Case; where the output and deliverables are used to measure strategic achievements when assessing and realizing business benefits. Moreover, the V3 team promulgates that Value Engineering and Total Cost of Ownership are critical processes in minimizing the long-term cost of maintenance and operations of buildings and structures, in addition to providing a solution that is apt and fit-for-purpose, cost-effective and not over-designed.
Much emphasis is placed on reporting and managing risks in a timeous manner since early detection of risks and issues, in most cases, result in avoidance; whereas late identification generally leads to mitigation or acceptance of the consequences, adversely impacting on one or more of the project vitals of cost, schedule, quality, scope and safety. At V3, our Project Managers are encouraged to develop this skill in perceiving early warning signs and trends which is crucial in identifying and immediately treating emerging risks.
Mining and Industrial
We provide the full spectrum of mechanical services for the mining, industrial and commercial sectors – undertaking technical investigations, analyses and planning of mechanical services, detailed design, and maintenance specifications. These services include:
- Any type of mechanical, structural, civil and electrical design – commercial and industrial
- Design of shaft complexes, workshops and structural buildings
- Audits and 3D scanning of existing mine and shaft systems, and structures
- Studies for pre-evaluation and scoping, as well as pre-feasibility to bankable level
- Design of shaft sinking and equipment systems including conveyances
- Design of permanent shaft systems from headgear to shaft bottom
- Design of mine surface and underground infrastructure
- Mine design including “Surpac” modelling
- Geological and geotechnical investigations and evaluations
- EPM, PCM, owners engineers and design vetting are all covered by professional indemnity
Transport Infrastructure Services
Services are offered over a wide range of transport-related infrastructure projects. These include major and minor roads, access routes, streets and railways. We cover all related aspects of transport infrastructure including:
- Bridges and major storm water structures
- Investigations, studies and assessments including pavement conditions, deflection analyses, hydrological and environmental
- Geotechnical investigations and foundation conditions
- Topographical surveys – both air and land
- Detail design including route alignment, geometric design, pavement structure, hydraulic, road furniture, bridges and culverts
- Documentation including design and evaluation reports, cost estimation, drawings, specifications, quantity calculations, and legal documents
- Construction administration and supervision including contract management and detailed site supervision